The Mayan Calendar Solar Glyphs
As you begin working with the Mayan calendar and familiarising yourself with the solar glyphs, you may notice that you are attracted to certain glyphs, some even more than your birthday glyph. This is normal, and it will change as time goes by because your spiritual and emotional needs are rapidly evolving. The glyphs you are most attracted to will be the ones that are most beneficial at that moment, so trust your intuition and meditate with the ones that appeal to you.
Be aware that the solar glyphs will communicate with you telepathically- this is a two-way connection. You are encouraged to ask questions and then relax and listen quietly for the telepathic answer. The paintings allow you to access the energy of each solar glyph, and you can invite this energy into your body for balance, healing and activation.
The following information on the solar glyphs is provided as a simple guide to get you started. Meditate with the one that feels most appropriate at any given time. One caution: don't overdo it. These are powerful energies. Ten minutes or less in one sitting is probably enough.
1. IMIX. (Dragon) There is both a Father and Mother aspect to God. Imix is God as Mother, the one who nurtures and who creates form. You will feel a cosmic closeness to the feminine aspect of God. You are interested in what that means and explore the possibilities of being a gentle and nurturing person. You enjoy making things. You might be dealing with issues around the value of your feminine side. Meditating with this glyph can help restore health lost through selfhatred. Self-acceptance is the first step to perfect health and emotional balance.
2. IK (Wind) The symbol for God as Father, who blows life and humor into the forms with his breath. God as Father is the thought, the idea to create, the One who knows you. He represents truth.You will have a cosmic closeness to the masculine aspect of God, a knowing of what that means. You are very interested in truth and have fun with humor. You might be dealing with issues around the value of your masculine side. Meditating with this glyph can help you bring your masculine and feminine sides into perfect balance. This is necessary for becoming the fully enlightened being.
3. AKBAL. (Night) The forms of creation take on an appearance and become the temple, or dwelling place, of God. You will have a cosmic understanding of what it means to be the expression of divine energy in form. The symbol of home is important for you, and you will explore the meanings and spiritual aspects of home. You want to make it a place of peace. The concept of home expands to include your environment and your planet. You have a strong desire for balance and peace.
4. KAN. (Seed) God's creations change and evolve continuously. You have a cosmic interest in the mysteries of creation. How does this miracle happen? This symbol portrays the dynamic and ongoing nature of creation. It speaks about reproduction, growth and change. You begin to see all creation as an expression of divine love. This step is necessary for becoming the fully enlightened being, because you need to feel the oneness running through all life in order to love all things. Everything that has ever been created is a child of God made from divine energy, and we are all loved equally. This glyph can be used to heal issues of bigotry or racial hatred. If God is present in all things, there is no point in making comparisons.
5. CHICCHAN. (Serpent) This Is the step when you become very aware of , your separateness as an individual. The mind becomes your tool for separation. You are a separate consciousness, an individual, one who can think. Only when you complete the concept of yourself as being separate from God can you start the exciting journey back to oneness. You might be dealing with issues around loneliness and a strong desire to be loved. Meditating with this symbol can be helpfu. in moving through feelings of despair knowing that your feelings of separation and alienation are natural but temporary. They were needed in order to gain the appreciation for oneness, but you don't have to play with that energy any longer than you choose. Meditate with this glyph for a few minutes, and then move to glyph number 8 (Lamat the Mayan star). Lamat will help heal the pain of loneliness.
6. CIMI. (World-Bridger) Awareness of the concept of time; the realisation that a lifetime is finite and has more to do with cycles of experience than endings. You know that you will eventually make your souls journey back to divinity and then choose your next arena of experience. You become aware of the preciousness of your life here on Earth, and you want to make the most of it. You have a strong desire to understand the things of this Earth and you have great courage and daring, which move you into new experiences.
7. MANIK (Hand) You attain the ability to make things.You begin to understand how things work on this planet. You also learn about how other people operate. You become successful. You learn how to make changes in your life smoothly. You enjoy creative abilities. Basically, you enjoy being alive. Meditating with this glyph can be helpful if you are dealing with issues around control. Is someone controlling you? Do you have a need to control others? This must be brought into balance in order to become the fully enlightened being who honors the self and allows all things.
8. LAMAT. (Star) The Mayan star. This step is basically about learning to love. You develop a tolerance and a compassion for yourself and others. The ability to love yourself is very important in attaining wisdom, and it is perfected here. You begin to feel a profound sense of your own value and a love for yourself exactly as you are. You evolve this self-love into a deep love for humanity and a love and caring for the planet Earth. Meditating with this glyph will help you remember and hold the vibration for unconditional love. The solar glyph painting Lamat portrays with colors our coming forth into being from love when we awake, creating our bodies out of light, then our return back to love, which we all do each time we fall asleep. Lamat is the symbolic portrayal that love is what we are.
9. MULUC. (Moon) Very clear awareness of our spiritual nature; opening to a more vivid realization of the existence of God. Here we see ourselves as separate from our Creator in order to know that such a thing as God even exists. We allow separation from the oneness in order to have many experiences on Earth. We have a great desire to under-stand our divine nature on a cosmic level. We stand easily in the gateway between two worlds, seeing both sides.Meditating with this glyph will create an opening to other dimensions when we do it with the pure intention to grow in holiness
10. OC. (Dog) Just as a dog is faithful companion to its master, we are a faithful companion to God. This symbol helps us balance the emotions. Our emotions are vivid and scattered, and the job here is to make some sense of it all. We must keep the strong emotions, for they are needed in telepathy, but we arrange them in a more comfortable order. Sexuality is a big issue with this step of the soul. The goal is integrating sexuality into our lives and recognizing it as something of God, and as such something to be appreciated and respected. Meditating with this glyph can help bring wild emotions into balance. It can also help us come to a place of peace around sexual issues, healing past wounds. This glyph will help on a telepathic level, a soul level. No words are needed. Just state an intention as you begin your meditation.
11. CHUEN. (Monkey) The gift of originality is received. God creates new things through us. This step of the soul portrays the loving recognition that everything we are and all we do is of God. We are living reflections of the spirit working through us as walking sparks of creative energy. This is an important foundation for the concept that the spirit of our Creator is truly in the creations. Because we are living reflections of our Creator, we become more powerful. Meditating with this glyph can help resolve the issues of powerlessness that sometimes create unwanted addictions.
12. EB. (Human) Realization of God's presence inside oneself. Life takes on a more spiritual orientation. There is a very close connection with God, a deep love given and received. The temptation here is to spend most of our time in meditation and prayer, forgetting about our physical obligations. This needs to be brought into balance in order to attain the wisdom of this step. Most of the spiritual energy is concentrated from the heart to the crown, so feelings of bliss are easy to attain. Another challenge of this step is to avoid judgment and scorn for others who do not feel the close connection to God the way we do. Meditating with this glyph can help balance spiritual and physical needs. It can help us allow others to be exactly what they want to be and know that every experience becomes wisdom gained.
13. BEN. (Skywalker) Awareness of God moving through all things; the longing for peace and harmony, wanting to unite the pillars of heaven and Earth. Thirteen is God's number; it was held in reverence by the Mayans and many other ancient civilizations. In this step of the soul the Christ energy assists us to create peace in our lives and our environment. We become very uncomfortable with conflict. We are the peacemakers. If there is a tendency to turn the other cheek" and allow others to abuse us, this needs to be brought into balance. Meditating with this glyph can bring the strength and courage necessary for honoring ourselves and our needs. We learn what feels good and what doesn't. We learn to protect ourselves by avoiding abusive situations. We learn that gentleness is a form of inner strength, and we respect ourselves enough to stop any form of abuse in our lives.
14. IX. (Wizard) Wisdom; power to perform miracles, to create with thought; power to heal ourselves and others.There may be a tendency to become the "teacher" because we seem to know more than others, and others are often eager to give their power to us as a way of avoiding responsibility. At this point in the soul's journey there is a danger of egotism. Humility is needed to complete this step. Remember that Jesus fled when the people wanted to crown him king. He was very concerned about protecting himself from egotism at this point, because that would have spelled the end of his mission. This glyph is all about power and learning to combine power with humility. The secret here is loving yourself. When you truly love yourself, you never need to be egotistical. Meditating with this glyph can help you deal with issues of power or ego.
15. MEN. (Eagle) Learning through thought alone.You can access knowledge and wisdom from within yourself. You will become very telepathic and be able to solve problems-then wonder where the answer came from. (It came from someone else who knew the answer, and you reached out and picked it up telepathically.) You are wise enough not to read people's minds deliberately. That would be an invasion of privacy. The pillars of heaven and Earth are united as you grow in understanding. Activation of higher and higher vibrations becomes routine as you become the expanded human.
16. CIB. (Warrior) You will experience yourself as a member of the universe and feel a sense of finally being home here on Earth. You can attain an ability to use and understand telepathy easily and become familiar and communicate with other life forms such as angels and space beings. You will be adjusting your physical body to the higher frequencies to make such communication possible. Stay out of awe or worship for other kinds of sentient life, but recognize them as brothers and sisters.
17. CABAN. (Earth) Planet Earth evolves to nurture a greater spirituality. More complex energy patterns from our Creator become available to transform the planet to one of peace. You will be very interested in this process, becoming involved in assisting the shift to the higher frequencies. You will facilitate the shift in others by holding it within yourself. This is the loveftrust vibration. This is the unwary heart, keeper of the wisdom. You will have to stay centered and focused during the transition period, especially during difficulties.
18. ETZNAB. (Mirror) The ability to be fully focused on what is in front of you. You learn to stop thinking so much about the past and worrying about the future. Your ego is centered and disciplined. You become fully pre-sent in the now. Your mind becomes peaceful, with no urge to complain or worry. Loving and allowing all things,you allow life to be easy.
19. CAUAC. (Storm) This is the last shedding of tears as you heal all past, present and future wounds of the body, mind and spirit. Your emotions are cleaned and purified. You have complete and total trust in God and yourself Your body is prepared for the final step of the soul. This is the solar glyph painting that directly assists in healing. Meditating with it or wearing it will help you release decayed energy that has been locked in the cellular mass of your body. It is the final purification of the enlightened being prior to full activation.
20. AHAU. (Sun) This brings the spiritual energy that was pulled into the crown chakra on number 12, Eb, down through all the lower chakras to the root. You become aware that everything you do, from any chakra, is a divine act. You easily express God in all your actions and thoughts. You become the purified human vessel for divine love expressing on Earth. You work easily with the kundalini energy. You become the mind and the body of light, the fully enlightened being. This step integrates all the other steps into the physical body. Your divinity is allowed, acknowledged and reclaimed. You harmonise easily with the higher planetary vibrations of the new cycles.